05/12/2011

2nd December 2011

After speaking to my teacher about my front cover he pointed out that the quality of the main photo wasn't as good as it was originally before I cut it out and edited it. I agreed with him, as it did look a bit blury and the colours wern't as sharp as they should be. So after re-evaluating my page, I think perhaps I'd over edited it slightly when brightening it and lost some of the definition in the photo. I decided to amend this to get the best result possible. 
  So I used picnik on picassa to firstly increase the contrast of the photo and then sharpened it to make it clearer as the original was a little blury.
Then I used the black and white tool to make the background black and white, and then used the boost tool before going over the background to make it brighter and a more crisp white, I did this a couple of times to get the brightest white. I then had to go around the edges carefully being sure not to cover parts of the photo I didnt want cuting out. Then I was left with just her and the bass guitar on a white background which is what I wanted. I then positioned her on my magazine front cover, replacing the first version of the photo so that the plugs still fitted around her. I feel by making these adjustments the photo looks a lot better and I have improved the overall look of my magazine. I am glad I have made these changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment