15/09/2011

15th Septemeber 2011

In my most recent lessons of media I have decided to scrap the name 'Geek Chic' as I don't think it sounds like it has enough to do with school and maybe sounds more fashion-y. Then I came up with the name 'A' after getting inspiration from looking at magazines named 'V' and 'Q'. I thought the connotation could be that A is a school grade, but after much thought I finally decided to go with the name 'A STAR'. It's the best school grade you can get, and having it written as 'A STAR insted of A* could give it another meaning as to say you're a star, but also meaning that it's the best school magazine you can get, as A* is the best grade. I think that you definately think more of school when you hear this, as with 'Geek Chic' maybe it wasn't as clear.
     So I went on to look at other magazines to analyse the layout of their front pages and see how they draw the reader in. I also looked at old editions of our school's magazine to get an idea of what would go inside the magazine, so I know what plugs to use and so I know what would go on my contents page too. After doing this I went on to planning the layout of my front page and trying to decide on a colour scheme to go with my red font.
    Then I mapped out a mind map of all the things I need to plan and take into consideration for my preliminary task to make sure I get it all done and try to organise my time effectively.
     After doing all this I realised I do not need to do a questionnaire like I was going to, as I now know what I'm calling my magazine and what would go in it. Although it would be very helpful on my main task and I will probably do one for that. Next I need to finish my plan of my front cover and decide on who to take photos of. Then get started on Serif as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment