15/10/2011

30th September 2011



On the 30th I finished the front cover of my school magazine A STAR. I have put my photos in and am pleased with the overall look of my magzine. I think my magazine meets the brief and has the codes and conventions of a magazine.
   There is a strapline title and it has a medium close up photo as the main shot and all the text layed over the top like most magazines. There are teasers/plugs down the left hand side as this is where they tend to be. 'Revise, Pass and have a Social life' and 'Top 10 teachers chosen by you!' these are articles that I feel the target audience would like to read and that are the type of things that you would generally find in a school magazine. They help draw the reader in and tell them what's inside which makes them want to buy it and read it. It has a sky line with a slogan which sums up the magazine and puts it out there as 'The must have magazine for school' which also should entice the reader to buy the magazine. There is also a bar with photos and names of other articles featured in the magazine which is a common way of presenting them, as I found in my research.
This is the finished mock up of my contents page. It has a simple but easy to understand layout, which would include different sized images of what's featured, as well as the page names. It follows the same colour scheme as the front page so there is a clear link between the two. I am pleased with the overall result.

No comments:

Post a Comment