23/11/2011

13th November 2011

   I have now done a rough design of what my front page and contents page will look like. They are not precise and I may end up adjusting them slightly when I produce them on serif to improve them.
  I have decided on a colour scheme of purple, black and blue as these are not ultra girly colours but still can pass as feminine. It also gives it a bit of a different or 'alternative' look from normal pop magazines as it is not pink, and the colours do not nescesserily resemble pop which was what I wanted as it is not a just a pop music magazine. The main plug will be in the same colour as the masthead to show it's importantance and the rest in the other complementing colours.


   I then did a brainstorm and came up with a lexical field of music to help me think of ideas for the name for my magazine. I eventually came up with the name 'Alternative Girl' as alternative means something different, or a different option and I think this is what my magazine is. It's an alternative option for girls who don't want to read more masculine music based magazines or extremely girly gossip-y music magazines that don't actually feature much information on music. Therefore I feel the slogan 'A different take on music' is quite fitting. Alternative is also a genre of music which my magazine could possibly feature in my magazine, although I thought about it I do not want to make it specific to this genre. Once I have made up my front page and contents page I will do a full evaluation of them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment