12/11/2011

7th November 2011

      After making a mind map and researching music magazines I moved on to planning my own magazine. I decided that I wanted to do a magazine for young but educated and mature girls, who are actually interested in the music. As I feel there is no middle ground for females between the childish pop-gossip magazines such as 'We love pop'. And the supposedly 'unisex' (I feel they are more aimed at males, in the tone they are written and way they are presented) but more informative music magazines such as Rolling Stone and Q. My magazine will appeal to girls, and feature bands and music artists that perhaps do not always make the front of magazines, particularly girl's ones. It will consist of interviews, music and more music related articles, rather than being full of gossip about the artists and posters of topless boybands which I feel is stereotypical of female music magazines.


I knew what I wanted my magazine to look like so I started drawing a mock up design of the front cover. Choosing a colour scheme of purple, black, white and blue as I feel these are slightly rocky, indie type colours but can also pass as pop without being too cheesey and girly. I also knew I wanted a long shot of a girl on the front, wearing purple tights to complement the colour scheme. The advantage of having a full length shot is that the reader gets to see the whole of the artist's outfit and a certain specific image is given off from this. The tricky part was coming up with a name for my magazine, as I wanted it to be something that made it clear the magazine was aimed at girls, but also something that wasn't cheesey and cliche. I have still yet to come up with a name and hope that this will come as I start production of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment